Thursday 21 July 2011

A bit late



For the lulz I’m writing this post in edit on the plane, with the trackpad turned off. For those people who aren’t aware of obscure remnants of DOS in windows, edit is a stripped down version of notepad that runs in a command line, and doesn’t wrap the text so the lines go over the edge and you have to scroll to see them.

This morning saw our departure from Sydney, though this was not without its hitches. The cafe attached to Perouse Lodge which was supposed to open at 6:30am, but they opened around 7:05am, 10 minutes prior to our departure for the airport. It turned out okay though, we could still order from the items on the menu that were quicker to prepare. I got their baked beans – which were very nice, though if I could make my choice again, I would get them with bacon.

As an aside, _everything_ is nicer with bacon. Though my philosophy hasn’t caught on yet, which is why I have difficulty ordering bacon sundaes at McDonalds…

At this very second I’m 11.5Km above Indonesia, and will land in Bangkok in another 4 hours. It’s a strange thought that it’s a 9 hour flight to Thailand from Sydney, but a 10 hour drive from Cobar to Sydney. So far on the plane I have watched ‘Sucker Punch’ and ‘Unknown’, the former is actually the second saddest movie I have ever watched, it was just so awfully sad, though cinematically it was absolutely brilliant which redeemed it in spectacular fashion. The latter isn’t particularly note worthy, not bad, just nothing stuck out as good.

One of the really cool things about this plane is that there is a camera in the nose which is broadcast live to a particular channel on the entertainment system. However the entertainment system is prone to crashing and informing the user that a segfault occurred. Which is basically meaningless to someone who doesn’t program, but we found it absolutely hilarious.

Other than those things, not a whole lot is happening, we’re all on the plane doing our own little activities to stave off boredom, I’m blogging, Evgeny and Chris are watching movies, Eliot is playing games, and Jarrah is reading. Exciting stuff.

Syndicated on My blog

No comments:

Post a Comment