Wednesday 20 July 2011

How your computer actually runs


There is actually a Russian inside every computer flipping bits to make everything happen, and since this computer had been used so much the coating was wearing thin so you can see the Russian phantom inside the machine.

In other news, an informatics camp is probably one of the few places I could be away from home and still have enough stuff around me to fix a dead laptop.

Also, I would like to draw your attention to line 8 of the code in the above image.

In other news, we fly out to Thailand in another 11 hours. It’s really quite exciting, it just about makes the prospect of getting up at 6am worthwhile!

A Sydney Morning Herald photographer got a few shots of me for an article by Kim Arlington that should be out in a few days. So keep an eye out for that.

Syndicated on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment