Wednesday 27 July 2011

Post-competition. Success?

(dissriguard spel czech, ackwire spel misteak)

Alright, so
I haven't had any time to post anything in a while due to a few things:
1. Dodgy internet.
2. The competition.
3. Dodgy internet.

Fortunately, it seems to be working now. Anyway, the competition itself:

Day 1.
One free mark/easy question: Ricehub -- A sliding window while keeping track of the median sort of thing. Tony Sun forgot the input was already sorted for you, so he implemented what he calls a "sliding heap" ಠ_ಠ.

Race: (for me) an ostensibly easy problem. Yeah. No. :\

And finally, Garden: Looked kind of complicated. Unfortunately I spent most of my time on Race instead of it.

I scored 158 on day 1, Evgeny scored 170, and Michael scored sub-100 (but he owned the second day really hard).

Day 2:
First the easy question (for me): Parrots. You have to encode a message such that you can decode it no matter the order of which your encoded message is delivered.

More importantly, question 1: Crocodile. This one was rather annoying for me. I coded up some random DP which got "fatal signal 11" on all subtasks. So I put my hand up and ask "wtf is fatal signal 11?" 10 minutes later: "Lol no we aren't going to tell you. Trololol." Feh.

And question 2: Elephants. I made a silly mistake which cost me about 20 marks. Sadface.

Notably, Michael Chen scored ~230 on this day (out of 300), while I scored 168, Evgeny scored 207 and Robert scored 178. Leaving us all with bronze medals, excepting Evgeny, who should get a silver.

The final scores were: Evgeny: 377, Robert: 316, Michael: 308, and me: 326.

After the competition we went to Pattaya city, where, (and this is the most important part) I bought a fan (not steven) (I actually have 4 now)! Incidentally there were also a couple of strip clubs. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. About the fatal signal 11, you have named a variable wrong.

    It's probably "exit" like we all did, to keep track of the exit locations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elite competitions Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete